Your FydeOS device's owner has extra permissions that other accounts on your FydeOS device don't have. Only the owner can change certain settings, such as:
- Time zone
- Sign-in permissions
- Wi-Fi network preferences
#Check if your account is the owner
If you're using your FydeOS device at work or school, your device administrator is the owner of your FydeOS device. In other cases, the first FydeOS Account used on the FydeOS device is the owner.
- If you haven't yet, sign in to your FydeOS device.
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings .
- In the "People" section, select Manage other people.
- If your account is the owner, you can turn these settings on or off. If another account is the owner, you'll see one of these messages:
- "These settings may only be modified by the owner"
- "These settings are controlled by enterprise policy"
It's not possible to transfer owner permissions to another account on your FydeOS device.
To change the owner of your FydeOS device:
- . This process will erase all data, files, and accounts on your FydeOS device.
- again and sign in with the account that you want as the owner.
Note: If you're using your FydeOS device at work or school, your administrator is the owner. You can't reset your FydeOS device or change its owner.