If you step away from your FydeOS device, we recommend you lock your screen for extra security.
#Lock your screen
Use one of these options:
- On a keyboard: Press ❖/⌘ + L.
- At the bottom right, select the time. Select Lock .
After a while, the screen will turn off to save power.
- Plugged in: The screen will turn off in 8 minutes. Your FydeOS device will go to sleep in 30 minutes.
- Not plugged in: The screen will turn off in 6 minutes. Your FydeOS device will go to sleep in 10 minutes.
#Unlock your screen faster with a PIN
Before you lock your screen, you can create a PIN to unlock your screen. If you use an account for work or school, your admin might require you to enter your password occasionally. On some FydeOS device, you can also use your PIN instead of your FydeOS Account password to sign in.
To set up a PIN:
- On your FydeOS device, at the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings .
- Under "People", select Screen lock.
- Enter your password and select Confirm.
- Select PIN or password Change PIN.
- Enter a PIN of six digits or more and select Continue.
- Re-enter your PIN and select Confirm.