In the age of the hybrid office, organisations and employees have proven that freeing up office space has a significant impact on productivity. However, a distributed workforce also presents management challenges, particularly when it comes to IT management.
Remote-working does not guarantee the same network configuration conditions for all, it makes some employees significantly more vulnerable to cyber malware threats.
According to some studies in 2021, there is a 150% chance of a global spike in ransomware incidents over the next three years as the global telecommuting trend takes off; and in 2021 alone, malicious attacks have already been reported in industries including energy, food and transportation.
One of the hallmarks of a malware-infected device is that all data on the device is encrypted and inaccessible, potentially devastating to the organisation unless a ransom is paid or a way to crack it is found within a limited timeframe.
Cyber Century experts estimate that the average attack costs organisations around $760,000 per attack.
Globally, business losses due to malicious ransomware attacks are expected to exceed $25 billion by 2023.
As a cloud-first, lightweight operating system, FydeOS helps organisations eliminate the threat of cyber malware.
Based on the system’s read-only design attributes, users cannot write any foreign content to the system while using FydeOS. In fact, no ransomware attacks have ever been reported against FydeOS devices in the retail, education and other industries.
2. Intercept executable files: Most malware typically comes in the form of executable files called .exe. These executables will not run on FydeOS.
3. Read-only system design: System files are kept in a separate partition to ensure that applications or extensions cannot write to the operating system.
4. Safe Browsing: Warns users when they try to visit suspicious websites or download dangerous files.
5. Automatic Updates: FydeOS regularly performs automatic system updates in the background to keep the system stable.
6. Dual-verified boot: FydeOS has A/B mirroring. This means that even if the system is attacked, Verified Boot will confirm the integrity of the current mirror and if it detects any signs of tampering, it will automatically boot another set of intact mirrors and reset the affected mirrors in the background.
In the face of malware, the most effective way for organisations to tackle the root cause of any potential negative impact on the business is to take proactive measures to protect against it, which can be caused by the unintentional actions of employees.
Visit our official website https://fydeos.io/enterprise-solution/ to learn more about FydeOS enterprise solution and its features. A free trial is now available, so come and experience it!