You can restore your browser settings in Chromium at any time. You might need to do this if apps or extensions you installed changed your settings without your knowledge. Your saved bookmarks and passwords won't be cleared or changed.
- Open Chromium.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under "Reset Settings," click Restore settings to their original defaults Reset Settings.
These steps won't provide a full reset. For example, some settings like fonts or accessibility won't be deleted.
#What changes when you restore your settings
On your Chromium profile, the following settings will change to the default on all devices where you're signed in:
- Default search engine, which is changed back to Bing.
- Homepage and tabs. Learn how to
- The new tab page. Learn how to .
- Tabs you have pinned.
- Content settings, like letting a site show you pop-ups or use your microphone. Learn how to .
- Cookies and site data, like items in an online shopping cart.
- Extensions and themes.